01793 is the area code for Swindon and nearby suburbs. Have you ever wondered how the 01793 area code was designed? How many charges will you have to pay for that call? How virtual codes replace the telephone phone numbers?
Some people say they have hidden logic behind them. Read this article to find your answer.
Part 1: What Is the 01793 Area Code?
As mentioned earlier, area code for dialing to Swindon is 01793. It is a small town in Wiltshire near London. It has over 192,000 phone numbers that are registered on 01793 area code.
So, if you need to call your friends, family, or clients in Swindon, don’t forget to dial this 4-digit area prefix before the local number.
Why do we have Area codes? These codes are shortened and specify the geographical location of a number. The location might be a town, a city, or a district. Depending upon the population of that area, it might have more than one area code at the same time.
Apart from Swindon, there are some adjacent areas that have 01793 as the area code. These areas include:
- Stratton St Margaret
- Broad Hinton
- Royal Wootton Bassett
Part 2: Dialing 01793 Area Code in the UK and From Abroad
Dialing the right call format can sometimes be a tough job especially if you get easily confused by the area codes. That’s why it is recommended to always start dialing numbers from the larger perspective and then gradually dial code that is local.
If you are dialing 01793 area code within the UK, following are the correct dial formats for calling a Swindon local number from within the UK:
- If you are dialing from within the Swindon, you don’t need to enter the area code, and only entering the 7-digit contact number is enough. For example, XXX XXXX.
- If you are phoning in an area outside the boundaries of the 01793 area code, you will have to enter the Swindon area code first, followed by your desired phone number. It will look like this: (01793) XXX XXXX.
On the other hand, if you are going to call 01793 area code from abroad, there are couple more steps need to be added:
- First, enter the international access code for the UK i.e. 00.
- Follow it by the UK country code i.e. 44.
- Next, enter the Swindon area code without the initial zero i.e. 1793
- Finally, dial your destination phone number. Your dialed number must have the following format: 00 44 1793 XXX XXXX.
Part 3: How Much Does Calling 01793 Area Code Cost?
Generally, call rates for 01793 area numbers range from 2p-10p per minute for landline numbers and 10p-40p per minute for mobile phone services.
Yet, there are many factors that influence the cost of calling to and from these area numbers. The factors are:
- What is the call duration? All the costs are counted by timing.
- Which service provider are you using? The cost of special numbers is relatively higher.
- At what time of the day you are phoning? Peak hours usually have higher call charges as compared to the non-peak hours.
- The special call services that you are availing also count for higher call rates.
That are all essential messages about the dialing and costing of the 01793 area code. Besides getting 01793 on different network providers, you could also apply a virtual code on WeNumber service with high-quality call services at the most affordable prices.
You can even customize your package and get your desired phone number. Contact us now to know more about our subscription details and call packages.